3dCart is a US privately held company responsible for developing shopping cart software that is used by ecommerce and other online stores. The company was founded in 1997 and has its headquarters in Tamarac, FL. On the 2010 Inc. 5000 list, it ranked #745. According to 3dCart, some 17,000 different online stores now use its platform. In 2015, it also reported that it was responsible for the processing of some $14.4 billion in sales. 3dCart is an incredibly popular platform that has received numerous high profile reviews. Many feel that there is nothing quite like 3dCart out there, offering features that no other has even been able to develop. It is probably for this reason that they were ranked #1 in eCommerce software by Top Ten Reviews in June 2016.
Gonzalo Gil launched Infomart 2000 back in 1997, as a high school side project. Infomart is still 3dCart’s parent company, which was created by Gil and his friend Jimmy Rodriguez. Rodriguez is still COO of the company, which he joined in 2004. It was also in that year that 3dCart came to exist, rebranding it from Infomart 2000.
Version 7.0 of 3dCart was launched in September 2015, which is currently the latest version of the platform. The updated version included a brand new dashboard and control panel, an update to the platform’s core infrastructure, and the REST API. Also in the same month, 3dCart Enterprise was launched, which is a completely new version of the platform and that delivers services specifically for online stores with high sales volumes.
One month later, they launched the POS system, which is iPad based. This enabled merchants to accept check, cash, and credit card payments from iPad users. Finally, in June 2016, 3dCart officially announced that their Managed Google Shopping service has been launched together with built-in webhooks and a completely new Product Editor.
3dCart offers a wealth of services as described in their history. However, their focus is on creating a shopping cart for ecommerce stores, for which they offer three different tiers. Each tier has a different price and offers different amounts of bandwidth, and allowing increasing numbers of products. Prices range from between $9.99 per month and $99.99 per month. For midsize businesses, they offer two specific services allowing for a greater amount of bandwidth. The Enterprise tier is the third one, which is designed specifically for stores with very high sales volumes.
- It offers a full one stop shop for anyone wanting to create an online store.
- The platform is mobile ready and can be integrated on social media.
- 3dCart offers round the clock expert support, 365 days per year. This 24/7 support is completely free.
- The platform is always updated so that it offers the best and most relevant features to all its users.
- It comes with more than 100 different themes, each of which has been optimized in full.
- It comes with a paperless signature application.
- The platform also enables people to sell on a range of other websites. These include eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, Shopzilla, and Facebook. In so doing, people can integrate their stores on a range of sites while having easy management functionalities.
- The platform has been proven to be effective and has even received a large number of awards for their work. It is designed to enable clients to get more customers and sell more products or services.
- 3dCart prides itself in being completely secure at all times.
- The platform can adapt to individual business needs.
- The shopping cart is fully secure, so there is no worry about data breaches.
- Thanks to the simple interface, users can set up shipping, including multiple ship to, and taxes.
- It enables people to accept payments in a variety of different ways.
- Checkout is fully conversion optimized. Furthermore, it comes with a variety of tools that allow users to address any abandoned cart.
- Tools, such as gift wrapping, wish lists, and gift registry, can also be added through 3dCart.
- 3dCart also helps people design and develop stores that are fully mobile ready and responsive.
- The site designer comes with a wealth of built-in features, which are the latest available on the market today. These include a powerful CMS and blog, email customization, a home page carousel, and more than 100 themes that are conversion optimized. Meanwhile, the entire store can be customized even by someone who has no programming experience. The usability of the platform is, in fact, one of 3dCart’s greatest features and when they said that someone with no programming experience can do it, it is clear that they meant it. Plus, for those who do struggle, there are experts to consult as well.
- 3dCart is also very focused on helping users manage their orders. As such, it is easy and quick to process orders, to take orders on the phone, to handle returns and customer accounts, to enable drop shipping, to communicate with clients and get to know them better, to sync with eBay and Amazon, and to reduce fraud.
- Managing products is equally important to 3dCart, enabling customers to create unlimited categories and SmartCategories. Furthermore, unlimited variations and options exist with inventory, as well as allowing dynamic zoom, multiple product images, video, cross sell and upsell, WYSIWYG editors, quantity discounts, bulk import and export, enabling questions and answers on products, including digital products and customer reviews, creating detailed product reports and waiting lists, and purchase order management.
- 3dCart also includes marketing and SEO tools. These include drip campaigns, targeted email marketing, gift cards, promotions and coupons, telling a friend, affiliate programs, redeemable products, rewarding your customers, giving bonus points, purchasing with reward points, bonus point promotions, and sending customers reminders. Plus, in terms of SEO, they include Google Analytics, advanced SEO tools, a built-in SEO optimized blog, social network integration, advanced store statistics, and free advertising credits. Other SEO tools include group deals, daily deals, social wish lists, make an offer, autoresponders, gift registry, product review emails, abandoned cart emails, and newsletter smartlists.
- The company also offers secure hosting, including a web hosting, a custom domain name, monthly upgrades, SSL certificate, FTP file access, daily backups, PCI hosting at level one, IP blocking, 24/7 monitoring, unlimited disk space and email hosting, fast site performance, and 99.94% uptime.
The company prides itself on being reliable, results-oriented, responsive, and customer-focused. This is why they also offer fantastic support to all their customers, and why they are based in the United States. Besides chat, phone, and ticket support, they also offer a comprehensive knowledge base, videos, HTML guide, onboarding coach, ecommerce university, and user manual. Last but not least, new features are added regularly.